Wednesday, July 8, 2009

SCHOOL LIFE (Kerala part 3)

Hey pals am back!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the exciting things in ma life in kerala were the schools days…..those days were really rocking, it may be due the fact that I studied in the same school for 13 long years. I am really proud that I was one of their oldest students. Oh I forgot to tell the school name la….Its “ASSISI EMHSS” Kanjikode (hey kanjikode is the place name) sited just 5 Km from ma house, its convent run by sisters or nun. One of the enthralling things that comes to ma mind when I think bout school life is the name I kept for a small pimple that happened to appear on ma chin…In Malayalam they used to cal tht as “Pal unni”, students were made to talk oly in English since it was a convent, interesting matter here s tht one of ma teachers pointed at ma pimple and asked what it is????? Poor ladLLL (hey its me oly) dint know its pimple, instead of saying it as pimple he invented a new name for it…its “Milk Baby” startling ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh…..he just translated each of the words in Malayalam to English……So “Pal” means Milk and “Unni” means baby in Malayalam and this whiz kid named tht small pimple as milk baby. On hearing that everybody in the staff room started laughing like anything and there after all started calling him “Milk Baby!!!!!” ha ha ha ha nice name ah…..Anyway that lasted for one or two years oly. Think this incident happened when I was studying in ma 1st or 2nd grade……. Life was really a chill out till ma tenth grade, enjoyed to the core..Ma best friends in school were Deepak, Nikhil, rajesh, Sudha sivendre,kishore…..Specially Deepak, Nikhil and I were really close together. Deepak and kishore studied with me from first to tenth , Nikhil joined in fourth grade, Rajesh and Sudha joined in eight grade and sivendre from fourth grade.

During tenth grade Deepak shifted to a place called alathur which was 50 Kms from school, he found it very difficult during exams times, so he was with me in ma house during final sem exams (both got evn more close that time). To say bout Deepak, a nice tall guy with manly looks, a good athlete (a triple jumper) good at academics as well as athletics, He completed his BE.Mech in Kovai. Coming to Nikhil, a typical keralite (kottayam), tall guy,Man all of ma friends were very much lofty, except me. I was just 5 ft (ma realtives call me “kullan” shorty, anyway now am 5 ft 10 in,thts ok ), comin back to Nikhil, he s a nice chap with cool temperament. He s doin his Computer science engg in his native place. Thank God Rajesh was bout ma height oly. He s great dancer, karate guy and a good table tennis player too, charming guy with lots of attitude and he s doin his marine engg in Cusat kerala. Sudha one of ma first friend (who s a girl), got close together via rajesh, very good at extra curricular activities and she s doin her post graduation in chemistry in kovai. Next s sivendre, he s also bit short, finicky guy with great analytical skills, completed his BE.Mech in Salem. Once he was great follower of RSS and hindutva, donno whats the situation now.

Guys guys I may be irritating u by describing bout ma friends. But donno friends have become one of the integral parts of ma life. Ppl at home shouts at me for always hanging around with friends. Anyway to sadness I don’t have much contact with above said chaps (oly fond memories haunt me). Once fearsome trio (ha ha don’t laugh..its me Deepak and nikhil) decided that we will be studying together for higher secondary in the same school…..but fat…oops sorry fate separated us by great distance. I came to Kovai, Deepak went to Alathur and Nikhil went to kottayam…All three were separated by at least 100 KmsL (ok ok cool down sreeni, not hard feelings ). Anyway during the time we were together we had gala time be it be youth festival or sports day.

During ma school days I was a great actor (I mean drama artist), where ever the name drama comes, ma name would be there in the list. Our school continuously won first for three years in Sub-district youth festival (anyhow we would fail miserably in district level), it was during one district level competition, one guy approached me for castin me in his serial in Asianet. I said ok that time and ready to join. It may be kerala viewers luck I think, cause that guy vanished all of sudden. Next comes Kolkali (it’s a typical muslim event, very much practiced in northen parts of kerala viz malapuram kottayam ). It was one of the events in youth festival in kerala. We got first in district level and went for state competition and represented Palakkad district (got A grade in that). One of the nice things that Kerala government did s that, for those getting A grades in competitions which are held at state level, they will get 30 bonus marks in Tenth grade. In that way I got some 5 marks or so (there s an upper cut off also). Anyhow state competition was held at Alapuzha durin 2003. A full school bus started from our school for that competition, we got oly one second prize in margamkali(in which Sudha was a member).


Will come up with even more much incidents that took place in ma school in the upcoming blogs……U know guys!!!!!!! I am finding it very much exhilarating writing blogs now a days…. By the way this also helps me in improving ma typing speed besides taking away ma veti time at home……meet u soon guys

Regards,
Sreeni

3 comments:

  1. deidei enna story writing competition ku entrya edu????

    ReplyDelete
  2. history exam ezhuderiya????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete